Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Truth is Within You


I am alwasy curious about my very unique personality and social behaviors. Why am I the way I am?

Is it because of the birth sign?
Is it molded by family values?
Is it influenced by educations or life experiences?

Family values are absolutely controdicting with my personalites and my life experiences have been pretty much ordinary. Birth Sign? I will get to that later.

How about...my personality was programed in my brain way before I was born.

It's all coming from this part of the brain called "frontal lobe" (the blue part in the picture above.) The frontal lobes are considered our emotional control center and home to our personality. The frontal lobes are involved in motor function, problem solving, spontaneity, memory, language, initiation, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior.

Studies showed that the defect to certain parts of the frontal lobe would make people calm but it also interferences the ability to plan (for the future.) In other words, people like that are generally more optimisitic, happy, spontaneous,and living in the present. However, they are more impulsive and likely live in a world without later.

Then, you probably would ask, "how about star sign? they oftentimes sound convincing explaining personalities." Here is my take on this. Just like conifer survives in frigid winter and watermelon only shows up in grocery store in summer, all things on earth evolves, exists and functions following by natural science. Therefore, people who are born during certain time in a year or even area on earth could share some similar biological commonality.

But I have to say it though, whoever deciphered the code and connected the dots between birth time/date and personalities, he or she or that group of people are geniuses.